Thursday, January 30, 2014

Proof that Goodness Comes From an Oven

Our baking day turned out to be a great success. 
 I am a firm believer that the the desire to learn comes from a knead to know. (I couldn't resist.)
Particularly in Junior High (or middle school as they call it here) when no one can see beyond there nose. (I can say this because I too have spent time in that state of mind.) Lessons must be relevant.
Through this lesson we were able to discuss qualities of an organism, cell division, limiting factors, carbohydrates, proteins and lipids and more!
It was also a lesson in patience, measurement, fractions and multiplication, culture and language, the idea that practice makes perfect (student tray on left, my tray on right, booyah) time management, and even hygiene and food safety. By the end of the day other adults on staff at my school had even come in for a lesson, to share a story, and to even grab a quick snack.  What a great way to continue to pass on my mom's legacy, both in teaching AND in baking.

No comments: