Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Black Friday

was not a shopping day for me. At least it wasn't intended to be.
This one actually goes back a week. Luke had a bigger chunk of time off than I did so he left the Friday before Thanksgiving to go visit with his parents. That Saturday his dad had a big "work day" getting ready for a fundraiser put on by the hospital he works for. Luke tagged along to help
and they assembled and hung Santa, his sleigh, and his reindeer.  


Also during that week, Luke and John put up Christmas lights so that they could have their traditional day after Thanksgiving house lighting.
So, on Black Friday we went to the big Christmas Tree show/fundraiser.
We were joined by Jerel and Hailey Luke has known Jerel since forever, and we've loved having more chances to visit with them now that we've moved back to the area! 
We went back to the house and I got going on a turkey noodle soup from stock I'd made the evening of Thanksgiving! On a quick dash out I had driven by a Walgreens, on my way to the grocery store to get egg noodles. They had a sign that said 20% off Legos!?!? So I bought some. AND I had one of those rewards which I also used. Can you say jackpot?! 
We watched the boys unveil round 1 of the Christmas light festivities. 
Came in and enjoyed some soup. 
Then I introduced John, Luke and Neola to the magic of guessing which Minifigures are in the secret packet, actually being right, and the drive to finish the collection. We had one more errand that night (for shells and clay pigeons-my segue into the next post) and I convinced them that we should stop back at Walgreens for the rest of the collection. 
There we stood feverishly feeling up the Lego packets guessing at which Minifigure was inside.
I didn't see any of the stares because I was on a mission. Luke, John and Neola were great.
This was our haul: 
Once home we re-guessed and opened to confirm whether we were right or not.  
This actually turned out to be an excellent move because Luke caught our one and only error before we opened it!

Then Neola and I stopped by Target on Saturday to get the two Walgreens didn't have!
Sweet success! 
I was doing some grading in the computer lab, "My Room" or at least the room I decorated Lego Style, today and it was fun to hear some of their exclamations as they saw them when they came into the room! 
Icing on the cake was that we found this guy at Target too!
Luke and I built it together. 
Do you wanna build a snow man?

No comments: