Friday, April 1, 2011

Meet Matthew




His dad Chris is in my teaching credential program cohort. Chris and I were talking about projects and hobbies and he showed me this:


It's a "Good Night Moon" room, and he made it for Matthew! Matthews favorite book is Goodnight Moon.
Here's the thing, Matthew had Autism. Because he has Autism he has problems pointing to objects...but Chris says that "with Goodnight Moon, he was a pointing machine. I wanted to make something he could explore and interact with.

My mom made the bunnies. Everything else was me. On a negative note, he's pretty much destroyed everything that wasn't glued down!"



This Saturday is World Autism Awareness Day and Chris has decided to do a "One Man Bike-a-thon" to raise financial support for the Central California Autism Center where Matthew goes for therapy. I have visited his blog here and pledged to support Chris fir the amount that I spend at the MCC sale f





This Saturday is World Autism Awareness Day and Chris has decided to do a "One Man Bike-a-thon" to raise financial support for the Central California Autism Center where Matthew goes for therapy. I have visited his blog here and pledged to support Chris with the amount that I spend at the MCC sale. I encourage you to check out his site ( http://tinyurl.com/4mz7rpl )and make a pledge too!

5 comments:

k said...

Oh my gosh. Is that a diarama?! I LOVE DIARAMAS! (Am also a nerd, but whatever.)

And I love "Goodnight Moon" with all my heart--so does Ezra.

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica,
Thank you so much for the Goodnight Moon pictures. I'm Chris' Mom and Matthew's Nana. Chris told me about you and I just had to look you up. I used to quilt, but gave up a long time ago.
You are very talented!! Love your quilts, and the sweater is darling!
Judy

Chris said...

Thank you for the post about Matthew. He's a wonderful little boy and we're lucky to have him. He's challenging, but I can't imagine what life would be without those challenges. It's made me who I am today.
Chris

Anonymous said...

Matthew is quite cute as is the Good Night Moon room. I remember really enjoying that book growing up too.

ValPal

Anonymous said...

Why didn't my first comment go through?
Valpal