Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Strawberry Quinoa Salad

We've been experimenting with quinoa this year. I've found that as two individuals who do not especially enjoy pasta salad but do enjoy all of the ingredients quinoa has made a good pasta salad base substitute. 

This morning for breakfast I tried a strawberry quinoa salad variety. 


Ingredients
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup diced strawberries
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 sprig of fresh mint chopped finely
1 tsp honey
1/4 cup Kefir (lactose fee probiotic shake, I used plain, vanilla would be tasty too.)

Stir together and eat! It tasted great immediately. I imagine it would also taste good after marinating for a while. This would also be a tasty desert.

The verdict: I loved it. Luke did not. He thinks it's the goat cheese or the texture. 
I may try again with a lemon juice and honey dressing. 

No comments: