Thursday, February 26, 2015

Just a stick?

I was walking across the playground when I spied a fabulous straight stick! Not too bendy, not too knobby. Maybe because we just had one of our Harry Potter marathons, maybe because Becca  just got herself an Elder Wand from Harry Potter World. I couldn't let this stick pass. So, yes, I picked it up and brought it back into school. It did not get shoved into a bag. Oh, no. This special stick could break. And yes, I hauled it out to my car before the end of school so students would not inquire as to why I had myself a wand stick and they are not allowed to wield sticks as weapons.
One could say I'm immature and that I need to grow up. Me? I'm just glad for one moment, one afternoon, I was able to relive and recall the joy of finding "the perfect (at that moment) stick."

No comments: