Saturday, July 11, 2015

Finish it Up Friday- Cancun Boxy Lace Top

I finished binding this one off in the midst of a light rain this afternoon, and then Luke humored me and we tromped off to take pictures so I could get it in the books! 

The pattern is Cancun Boxy Lace Top, by Erin Kate Archer on Ravelry. As usual, I took the pattern as more of "guidelines." I knit it in the round because I despised seaming. I added length as to not create a busty tent. I three needle bound off the shoulders because, once again, I hate seaming. (If I wanted to sew at that minute I'd be working on a quilt.)

I followed the stitch sections as given. The one kicker was when I tried to to knit "Part D" in the round it twisted my fabric so I had to knit a second section inside out to balance it and make it even. Section D worked great when I was knitting back and forth to create arm holes. Anyway, Luke was super good natured and took many lovely photos for your viewing pleasure. 



No comments: