Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break

So University of Idaho has one of the first spring breaks of the Colleges. We went down to Luke's for the second week of March. The day we (Luke, Jenny and I) were driving down to Medford, and saw the temperature number in the car rising from the low 30's up to 70 degrees we were so excited!
The night we got to Medford we were going to take Jenny to the bus station so she could go the rest of the way to Sacramento but we made such good time getting to Medford we had time to kill. We (the starving college students) got fed a great home cooked meal and hung out with Jay doing FFA ?horticulture? stuff.

This is one of the corsages Jay made. I wish we had had FFA at Clovis West I would have loved learning to work with flowers!

Luke's Brother Mark (Right) participated in the Mr. Phoenix High School competition while we were there. Proceeds from the pageant/competition went to a childrens hospital near Portland, I believe. His talent was solving a Rubix Cube and for careers he was dressed as a construction worker (all though he is considering a career working with children.)

Jay(Lukes youngest brother), Mark(Lukes younger brother), Neola(Luke's mom), and Luke!

After Mr. PHS we played Mario Smash Brothers or something of the sort on Wii. Im sorry to report that I lost drastically but in my defense the competition was fierce.


While in Phoenix, OR we celebrated Luke's 20th birthday, and the early stages of March Madness as you can tell by the screen.

Happy Birthday Luke!

While we were there Luke's parents, who are on the Grad Night planning comittee for Marks High School Grad Night, were getting together a fundraising auction. Since I have previous bow tying knowledge and experience I signed on to help tie bows on some of the baskets being auctioned off. I believe the last bow count was 77! Pictured above are some of the gift baskets.

At the end of the week we filled up my little bug and headed back to Moscow.

No comments: