Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hospital Humor

Funny thing today: My mom's name is Susan and her Registered Nurse's name was Susan. My name is Jessica. Mom's Nurses Assistant's name was Jessica.

Good Things Today: Because Mom is in the Hospital she has nurses (and NA's) who know how to help her move and go to the bathroom. I have no clue when it comes to moving/helping people move. Its also good because she's able to get fluids, blood transfusions, and meds through her IV.

Not So Funny Thing Today: It took for-ev-er to get her CT scan done today. She want allowed to eat or drink. Her 12/1 pm CT scan ended up being about 5:45 ish. Long time when you want a drink!

Kind of Scary Thing Today: She's still kind of high on the temperature end of things, and she has even less strength. The lack of strength has moved to her arms and is now using only her right arm to do any maneuvering.

Great Things Today: Our cheerful visitors! Even if you come with a friend and chat she likes to be in the middle of things. She may not be all chatty but it makes her happy to hear things going on! She's in 502-1. When people werent in her room I was reading a funny book which she seemed able to listen to and enjoy!

4 comments:

Grandma G said...

Good to have an update.

And I must say, that piece of chocolate cake on your sidebar gets to me every time! I drool! :)

Emilie said...

Jess, I'm praying for your mom and your family!
I think the "Susan" and "Jessica" coincidence is a good sign.
:-)

Jenny said...

Thanks for the update about your mom. We'll be praying.

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

Wow! There are other good "Jessicas and Susans"! Our prayers are with you.If you want a great book to read to your mom try "The Higher Power of Lucky" by Susan Patron.(another Susan!) I just finished it. Love, Janice