Friday, May 28, 2010

Pondering Production: Allergies

"You know what's sort of surprising? Mohair comes from Angora goats and angora comes from rabbits. You know what else is surprising? How few non knitters find that interesting."
-Yarn Harlot

This cracks me up. And seriously, non knitters look at me like I'm nuts sitting there cracking up and the joke nobody else thinks is funny.
Oh well.

Anyway, its even funnier because I'm allergic to both. Sad day for me because both add such a delicious element to yarn. Sigh. Now I'm on the hunt for other goodies that I'm not allergic to. I included some cashmere in my wedding shrug. My eyes got itchy by the end of the day of working with them but that might also have been spring allergies.

Baby cotton=fantastic. I'm definitely not allergic to that. Sheep's wool=good to go. Alpaca=doesn't seem to bother me yet.

2 comments:

Grandma G said...

You made your shrug?! I thought that was so cute... and perfect for your chilly day! Way to go!

Sorry about your allergies. One of life's challenges. :(

Tanya said...

I also thing that's funny! It's like the statement that we park on driveways and drive on parkways, only more funny!
I also find it funny (and awesome) that you are honeymooning and pondering yarn and allergies.