Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School

Well, I've spent the last two weeks in training and getting my room ready. Today was our first full day if school and our open house. I really like being a teacher. Here's my obligatory back to school photo!


I wore a skirt I recently finished made with Joel Dewberry fabric and the Pleated Chevron Skirt tutorial I found on Pinterest with a substitution of gathers for pleats. And pockets. Deep pockets. From now on all teaching skirts should have pockets.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Candace said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE that skirt, I have been back at work for 2 weeks now and am desperate for work clothes!! I want to make myself a uniform and I really love that skirt! ESP with the white shirt tucked in - please can you send me the pattern???

JHNickodemus said...

Candace, I'm not going to lie! This skirt was pretty awesome, especially with the big pockets. I found it on Pinterest. It's The Crafty Cupboard's pleated chevron skirt, only I made gathers instead of pleats. This particular skirt was also made from Joel Dewberrys line called Notting Hill and is the home decor weight.