Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Room and The Lunch

I just can't tell you all how much I am enjoying life! Sometimes, when I get in full on crafting mode, I forget just how much I love teaching and enjoy my students! I'm at a great school with great staff and administrators and 4 awesome new teacher colleagues.


My room is decorated in a Lego inspired fashion. All those bricks on the wall were decorated by students with their names and images that represent them. Do they look like a wall of stacked Legos?


The cabinets are made plaid with masking tape, with plastic table cloth swags, and laminated construction paper bunting. The Legos on the top of that back cabinet were sorted and assembled by Team Luke and Jess on a weekend when many a feet were sacrificed to the Legos all over our living room floor.


I have not one, but TWO windows accompanied by two lovely columns adorned with lovely blue plastic table cloths and green satin ribbon. Yes, on the wall next to my desk on the right hang THE frog. No, we haven't named him yet.
On a fresh note, I have seriously been enjoying produce from my garden. Onions, basil, tiny hot red peppers, our first bell pepper and cucumber galore!!


While none of my tomatoes have made it home yet (I pick and eat) Pat contributed some delicious home grown from her garden tomatoes to my cause. I made some yummy bruschetta! A fistful of basil, 1/2 a small onion, 2 cloves of garlic, salt...


and to curb my abundance of cucumber I cut one in half, scooped out the seeds diced it up and put it in. (Inspired by my Chef cousin Chris who says anything can be a salad!) I made it the night before, for lunch, and after sitting and flavor meshing all night, the results were heavenly! The cucumber faded into a mild undertone. I started scooping it onto Parmesan baguette chips and then decided shoveling it into my mouth with a spoon was a better option. To top it off all the garlic gave me a nice personal space bubble after lunch in 5th hour.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Candace said...

Your classroom looks stunning!! Your kids are so lucky to have such an artistic and fun classroom and teacher!! Fantastic!!
I hope Oliver's classroom looks as inviting as yours does some day!!

The Luedtke Family said...

Looks fun! I love my room this year, a few new touches to the same old decor. I love my children's classrooms this year as well.

Good luck! I am getting a schedule together. Jam packing lots of students into my few spaces.

I would suggest refrigerator pickles. Not much work; no true canning methods required. Plus the pickles last awhile, unless you are a pickle muncher like me!