Sunday, April 22, 2012

It All Started With a Big Bang

The whole time I've been knitting I've sworn I wouldn't make socks until they could both be finished at the same time and toe up so I wouldn't run out of yarn on the toes and be in an awful predicament.  When I spotted the book "Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes I figured it was now or never.
So began....
 I started working on these socks about the same time I was introduced to the Big Bang Theory and did the majority of the work on them while watching the show. The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll, Hand Painted and the colorway is called Cartoons. Also appropriate for these Big Bang Socks, as the characters in the show have a particular appreciation for cartoons and comics.
The irony in this big knitting achievement is that I finished these socks on a record high temperature day for April in Fresno. 92 degrees. I'm meeeeeelting! Whether hand knit socks are actually worth it or not will have to wait to be determined until it cools off a bit.

No comments: