Monday, June 25, 2012

To Be Faire

I suspected I might not enjoy the Renaissance Fair when I began making plans to go but I kept hearing about it as such a huge event I thought, I must check it out. I bought my discount ticket at the grocery store and made my way to the outlying town to the fair. 
My sentiments: I sent Luke a text message saying "OMG this place is a historical mess."


To make a connection to the show "The Big Bang Theory" as a person who takes a particular interest in history I resonate with Sheldon (“it was rife with historical inaccuracies.”) I also learned that Howard had an accurate point, that its about taking women “lacing them up in corsets so tight their bosom jumps out and says ‘howdy!’”  


For example, homegirl on the left(sorry for the bad picture, I was trying to be a camera phone ninja), shes wearing a swimsuit and a souvenir jingle belt.
There were people everywhere with little horns and animal tails. (See below) Also, explain the bandana and t-shirt? Did I miss something about horns and animal tails?
This one's straight out of The Fresno Fair and they didn't even put "Ye Olde" in front of it.
The "red couple" in the middle of this picture actually makes me very happy. There may not have been enough of them though.
Anyway, if any of you have insight regarding this business, particularly the horns and animal parts (tails and ears) fill me in. I could use it.

No comments: