Monday, September 10, 2012

Yarn Along the Rockies


In September of 2012 I heard about a FAB-u-lous Colorado event called Yarn Along the Rockies. While the event extended 9 days, I had work and was headed to California the next weekend so I had two days to get to 21 shops. (There were originally 22 shops but one withdrew last minute.)




 On the first day my friend Cami joined me!



 We made it to 11 shops! I can still hardly believe it! It got pretty intense at the end, but we did get to see some neat things along the way! Like this yarn bombed stop sign in Castle Rock.





















 At each shop you got a stamp in your passport. 






 Many of the shops also had little pins to put on a souvenir bag they had on sale. Of course I got the bag because it kind of acts as a conversation starter and lets me brag a bit!


 Here is my completed passport. I love that many of the shop owner had stamps made that were their logo and or shop name.



 Here I am turning it in! 



 Stephanie was my amazing travel partner the second day. She also did quite a bit of navigating. She and the iPhone make a great team!


All in all it was a GREAT weekend and I got to see a lot of shops in Colorado I might not have otherwise gotten to! I also got some great yarn! You'll be seeing more on those projects in a bit!

No comments: