Monday, September 28, 2009

Quilts in the Trees

On Saturday I went off on an adventure with Jennifer and her girls to Quilting In The Garden at Alden Lane Nursery. I had heard fabulous things about this event, but wanted to see it with my own eyes. I was so impressed by what good travel companions Bethany and Rachel were. And Jennifer and I gabbed the whole way there and back. This sweet cottage is what greeted us in the parking lot.As we got closer, I could start to see quilts hanging from the trees already! Bethany, Me, and Rachel. They had their Amelia Bedelia/Aunt Maggie hats on!
All throughout the gardens they had these cool photo op boards! Bethany did a great job taking this picture for us!
They had a mini class on aplique quilting in one of the side buildings.

We ran into these cool crafters too! (Not physically cool because it was a smokin 103 degrees or so that day. Yes, we guzzled lemonade!)Mark and Cindy with Around the Block Designs. So cute!
Check out these two peas in a pod!
I loved this clever idea for plants...put them in gutters!
These two are too old to be found in a nursery!
We got to meet the Michael Jordan of quilting: Alex Anderson! Ya think we like Around the Block designs? Check out all of our necklaces!
On our way out I noticed this creative planter! Its a bathtub! And someone cleverly attatched these little clear stones to the edges to look like bubbles! Rub a dub dub! Somehow I dont think anyone would come out of this tub cleaner...

5 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

It was such a treat to have you, Jennifer and the girls come to the quilt show. Thanks for braving the heat wave!

The Isaacs said...

Those are some cute pictures! Looks like you had a fun time.

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

Do you get tired of me saying, "Wish I were there"? Very fun! Hi Jennifer! Love, Janice

Maggie said...

Fun times. Love the cuties in the large flower pots.

Anonymous said...

You are such a creative writter. You did our great trip justice with your descriptions. Thanks for coming with me, I had such a good time.

Thanks maggie.

Hi Janice, Miss you.

Jennifer