Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pondering Production- Clean Travel

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary. ~Mary Kurtz

This is most true about what has happened in the last 5 days before my 6 day trip to Fresno. Generally before I leave on a substantial trip I like to clean things u, do a little laundry, so that when I come back I'm relaxed and able
to spend a bit of time recharging before I head back to work or life or whatever.
 
That did not happen at all. I have been trying to finish up some projects to be delivered and contemplating what projects to work on while at a quilting retreat at Huntington Lake.  Toss some last minute packing, familial chaos, leaving at 4:30 AM to get to the airport and our apartment sort of looks like a war zone. (Mostly my fault.) Luke is going on a hunting trip with his dad for a couple days though, so I don't feel TOOOOOO bad.

Now I'm sitting in the airport, my flight having been re scheduled twice. Thinking of all the things I could have done with this extra time. Primarily thinking of sleep.

For now I guess Ill resign to what this unknown person once said: "Stitch your stress away." Don't mind if I do. :)

3 comments:

Grandma G said...

I always have good intentions of leaving things clean and neat, too. Somehow, it just never happens. I'm just lucky to get going halfway on time.

Hmmm... my verification word is "mention". I think it's telling me to mention something more.

Did I ever mention I like your new header? I don't think so. Anyway, I do. The yarn ball on the tee is perfect. :)

Tanya said...

I'm like that too. I really *want* to clean and organize and tidy and change to fresh sheets right before I leave on a trip...but mostly I end up throwing things around and making a bigger mess than before just to get out of the house. I'm jealous of all your "forced" knitting time, but sorry about your delays. Can't wait to see you for Quilt Camp!

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

Is it already time for that retreat again? I always covet that wonderful time you ladies have! Blessings! That beginning quote is great! Love and prayers-Janice