Saturday, December 4, 2010

Shirts? Quilts? Help!

Luke let me snag some (4) of his shirts that he didn't wear as much to start a quilt that's always been on my "Would like" To Do List. Its for a boy and I'm having some design challenges.

1.) The fabrics (below) are pink, blue, yellow and purple. On their own they can be pulled off as masculine. I'm worried together they look a little ?feminine? Should I stick with only Luke's shirts or should I stop off by the salvation army and pick out a nice gray/brown one? I need to add one more color to give me length but I could also go get a solid the gray blue color in the yellow striped shirt and use that for my border AND some squares.
 2.) I've been trying to make this a "contemporary" patchwork and not so "traditional." My first attempt was too chaotic for my taste.
 2.) This would work. Too stripey?
 3.) My favorite...but a bit....traditional?
It's not at all like I don't have other things to do with my life right now. It's true I've been keeping very busy in the Fres, but Val let me have a cutting table in the craft room. So I need to utilize it before we start our next big project.

5 comments:

Cams said...

I like the 3rd one the best. :)

Katie said...

I think tradition has it. The others are nice, but I like that one the best :)

Anonymous said...

Third one is the best... probably some other colors so it does look a little more manly...?
~luke

Tanya said...

I like the third layout the best and I would also add in another shirt from SA to give it a more masculine appeal. Perhaps a stone gray color? A nice French Blue?

downlights said...

very nice design...
but 2nd is best best...