Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Piece of Cherry Pi

Y’all. Today was paper signing day. It sucked. There’s really not a nice way to say it.

Someone was giving me instructions today and said “Is that okay?” or “Are you okay?”  My response  was “No! Nothing about this is okay.” It might have been a bit strong given the specific conversation but my brain just got stuck on “okay.”

My stomach was not happy today. A smoothie did not cut it. 4 oz of bacon did. Followed by a bun less hotdog cooked in the same pan some hours later. Why don’t we always cook hotdogs in bacon grease?

The weather even picked up on the mood of today. Rainy and gray.

Eventually the sun peeked out just as I was wrapping up today’s phase of emptyjng of the sewing room and talking to my sister. Maybe an hour later I ate some leftover home made Mac and Cheese and started to feel like water would stay in my stomach.

I got some tanning sessions because I need every ounce of sunshine happiness in my life. Particularly with my seasonal issues from living so far north. Also note that I am in close communication with my doctor and counselor about all the goings on. We are not meant to live in isolation. Which brings me to my grattitude:

1.) I am so grateful to have shared everything I shared last night. I was able to fall asleep shortly after writing. And it just felt so good for everything to be out in the open. I’ve never been one to love life behind closed doors and now did not feel like the right time to start.
2.) I am grateful for all of your kind words, your encouragement and your love. So. Grateful. In my head I’d love to be writing back to each one with pages. My brain says it’s not having that right now, so please know, your words are not falling on deaf ears. They are wind in my sails.
3.)I am grateful that there was a Safeway between my evening errand and home so that when I finally got really hungry, I could pop in and get the LAST piece of cherry pie that I’m sure was meant just for me. Happy Pi Day Friends!

Successes:
1.) Papers signed.
2.) Car titled in my name.
3.) Major Work done moving sewing room into master closet.

Looking Forward To:
1.) Summer. Sunshine. 80 degree days.
2.) Using all the craft stuff I just moved.
3.) grad-u-at-ing

Prayer Requests:
1.) Kind words
2.) A clear mind so that I might be able to focus on the school work I was hoping big to bust out this week.
3.)A positive outlook/optimism/hope.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Oh my goodness friend, I am so sorry to have read the words I read. When I saw you were back to blogging I was so excited to read your words and then so saddened by them!
Just know that as you say, God is in this and the key is to stay open to hearing his voice prompting the way forward.
Please know I am thinking of you and praying for you....
All my love, Candace.