Monday, March 19, 2018

What is the protocol?

I recognize that in some ways watching these posts may be like watching a train wreck. You want to look away but resisting is hard. I remember feeling that way with a different bloggers experience. However. I also recognize that her scenario and points have scaffolded my experience and been a great of resource. If you are capable of looking away, feel free. If not, it is my hope that someday my words might scaffold someone up


So today is his birthday. What is the protocol? There isn’t one. It’s hard to be happy or feel celebratory in this scenario.
Finally I landed on making charcoal grilled salmon, with Budget Bytes savory coconut rice and grilled zucchini.
Special ish.

Spring break is over. I start school tomorrow. I’ve been maintaining my pre break sleep cycle schedule so tomorrow will be rough. On the other hand I haven’t allowed myself to sleep til noon so I have that going for me.

I really operated in a stupor over break. It was hard to snap out of it. My brain wasn’t registering. I couldn’t shake the fog enough to prioritize appropriately or get the right things done.
Tonight in preparation for Monday I pulled out my planner. I hanged the cover...because the previous cover was a distracting deterrent. One of the reasons I love my Erin Condren planner is because the covers are interchangeable. My new cover came... I swapped it out today.

I counted weeks until I head out for my dear friend’s wedding. There are not very many.
Whooooom. All of a sudden it was like when Harry gets pulled out of the Pensive and back to reality. I’m optimistic that this has the cold water dumped in the head, awakening impact. And that I will have solid momentum moving forward.

Success:
Planner cover changed.
Real meal prepared. All food groups represented.
Bubbling up laminate counter 😖 re adhered and clamped. Here’s hoping that buys me a few more months.

Grateful:
Good food.
The right kitchen utensils
Planner with swapable covers
Rico Dog, comedy and snuggles

No comments: