Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blooms and Buttons!

Some of you might remember from my previous post about Princess Lasertrons flowers that I was very smitten with her wedding arrangements. I even inquired with her regarding a possible cost after we got engaged. Alas...they were...well...out of our budget. Sooo we (my mother and myself) are going to attempt our own version of these pretty petals. Now of course you wont be able to see the real deal until after the big day. These are just some hints, pondering, and me looking for feedback.

Here are some of the cut out shapes and possibilities for multi color flowers. (Keep in mind they have no stitching yet, and no buttons) These represent the monochromatic possibilities.
Here are a few of the monochromatic blooms together.
And these buttonous beauties arrived in the mail from my friend Janice! When she was visiting her family in Fresno she stopped by to visit us, at which point I learned that she has a knack for finding buttons! Janice even stopped by again with a box of crayons to use as samples to know what colors I was on the hunt for! Aren't the buttons she sent fabulous?! The little green ones on the bottom are the most delicate glass! I can not wait to start putting these guys together! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

5 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

How very creative and lasting! Just imagine anniversaries with the pretty petals in a bouquet next to your wedding candle! Which you should also somehow deck out with button flowers, like a bottom border!

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

Glad you like the buttons. Love the flowers. If you want them to stand out a bit, make a cut from outer edge to center, draw it in some, and a touch of glue. That does leave a seam though. Saw some felt flowers with a lollipop as the center. Would be cute for favors. I'll keep up my treasure hunt for buttons. Love, Janice

Christa said...

Fun!

Tanya said...

Jess! You are so crafty! Once the wedding is over you could go on to a side business of crafting felt flowers for other people to enjoy?

Anonymous said...

still not one hundred percent sold on this idea honey... but they do look promising!