Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WiP Wednesday-Skirts Season

The weather is heating up which means its skirt season! Though with all this Kansas wind, I've discovered a need for less full skirts so that I don't "get lipstick on my hem!" as my friend Pat says.
Speaking of hems...


I got creative on my hems! I learned a new skill of shirring.


It wasn't as elastic as I had hoped it would be so I stuck a ribbon in for a casing for wider elastic.


Unfortunately that made it too tight. Off it came. I worked out another way to add some 1/4 inch elastic.


Here's the last skirt in progress!


Non material WiP's include recovering from this poor sunscreen application,


and project garden.


I'm linking up with Lee from Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Ouch on the sunburn. I'm strictly a factor 50 person. I really like the green fabric. That'll be a really nice skirt. Wish we had the weather for it in Ireland!

Tanya said...

I Love both the fabrics you've chosen!! What a clever way to make the waist band too.

marcella said...

Cute skirt! Love the fancy stitching on the hem; very clever. Sorry about the sunburn, hope you recover quickly from it!