Wednesday, March 28, 2012

That's the Spirit

Whew. Quite the last post eh? I just woke up in a sort of panic. Everything was on my brain and I needed to send it off and get rid of it. I needed to feel heard. Somehow after i posted that blog the weight was off my shoulders. It was still there, just not bearing down on me. Interestingly I started to think about that and about lifting things up to God and how we do that with prayer. I've been wrestling with (and still not dogmatically answering) the question as to whether or not blogging disables my instinct to pray and hand things over to God. Also with the fact that I HATEd writing as a youngun and never kept a journal of any sorts until blogging. I like blogging it gives me a sense of being heard. Is this my method for vocalizing praises, stressors etc and letting them go? It also puts my prayer requests out there (and thank you so much to those of you who have been praying and sending kind words.) Then again is it a crutch for real life social networking and real life interactions and communications about all of this? Or would I still feel fairly separate with all that's going on in my program?
Interestingly, on Sunday Pastor James, North Fresno Church, spoke (available on iTunes)in regards to Ephesians 6:18-20 "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." (Ephesians 6:18-20 NIV)
Hmmmm there's that "p" word again. What does it mean for me?
Is my non traditional method of sending messages out watered down by the fact that I send the messages to my readers/family/friends and the whole rest of the Internet as well? Can a conversation be a prayer? Maybe if it concludes with a ceremonious verbal offering of the things previously discussed? Am I now trying to qualify what is and what isn't? Does this come down to "the spirit of the law" idea? Hmmmmm. That is all. Just thinking.
*The ability to comment has been disabled for this post.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone