Thursday, January 24, 2013

Direction

Today marked my first day subbing in Garden City. I was in first grade and now that I'm covered in one big cough-sneeze I once again remember why I enjoy the older ones a bit more. Don't get me wrong it was a pretty smooth day, and I hugely appreciate the guidance in understanding school procedures from the other teachers! I just missed the independence and understanding I experience in the 4th-8th grade piece. And the lack of booger stalactites.
Here in GC the 5th and 6th graders are in middle school and the 7th and 8th graders are in intermediate school. I was so lucky to have a tour of the closest of two intermediate schools from one of the principals. It helped me get a feel for the school, student expectations, mission, and goals. I'm excited because at this point I feel like I have a bit more direction here. Yay.

Prayer Requests: Openness to Gods plan for me here in GC, strength to keep back the tendency toward introvertedness (It doesn't bode well for making friends and keeping them.)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: