Friday, January 25, 2013

Do I Quilt Like a Chameleon?










There are lots of cows here. I've been saving these quirky farm fabrics for a while and after moving here, I felt like it was time. I'm wondering if doing a farm quilt is my way of transitioning into my new habitat here in Garden City, Kansas. Hence, quilting like a chameleon. 


This quilt is going to Luke's cousins new-ish baby Graham. 




I tried so hard to stay caught up but at least he's not one yet!




The back was pretty fun to piece together with my scraps!


I just love the goofy big eyes on all the animals. I stippled the quilt myself, and used black because I liked the way it mimicked the line drawings around the animals.




I'll be honest, I bought the fabric when I was still playing Farmville on Facebook.  I thought it was a hoot!


I was saving it for something special! I sure hope Graham enjoys it!



 These guys were giving me the stare. This was a farm I found driving by and I borrowed their fence for a few minutes to take my pictures.






1 comment:

Tanya said...

This is so cute! I love the animal's googly eyes and I'm agog at the flatness of the view behind your quilt on the line. I knew Kansas was flat...but wow...