Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Little Pain and Gain

Today I experience an emotional conflict.


I mourn the loss of this fabulous storage in our laundry room off the kitchen.


Yet, I celebrate because in its place is the little robot machine that will make our water soft. And boy am I thrilled. My hair can stop being gross and my face can stop being one giant pimple. Garden city water is HARD. I didn't understand what hard water was until living here. And it's loaded with iron to boot. (We live in an area with pretty old pipes.)


Our tub as I was trying to empty the water heater of the old stuff in one fell swoop. No one has taken a bath in there. That's the water straight out of the faucet.
Anyway. It may be the placebo effect, but I took a shower tonight before bed and I'm pretty sure there was a huge difference. Now if only I knew where to relocate that storage to.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Oh my goodness! I would make the change, too!!!