Saturday, May 7, 2011

7 Joys

I borrowed a prompt from Two Adults given by JohnJennifer. Too good to pass up.


1.)Clean sheets and clean towels. Luke thinks I'm a nut. We're working through it.
2.)A phone call with good timing from the man who thinks I'm a nut.
What this means: a time thats good for both of us, and we're both smiling, you can hear it, usually around bedtime so we're winding down and enjoying each other's company.
Take tonight for example. I was babysitting and kind of bummed because we'd missed each other. He worked late, I was putting kids to bed, then he was in bed so he could get to work at the crack of dawn. I had even had the thought, "Poop, we keep missing each other, it's been a while since we've had a good chat." Then on my way home late late late who would call me but Luke. He had woken up to close the window (cold, can you believe it?) and thought to call me before he headed back to sleep. One of the best 3 minute conversations. Made me smile from the inside out.
3.) When a kid I'm working with has an AHA moment. I live for those, they make my day.
4.) Holding up a finished product. AND showing it off. Yep, I made that.
5.)Reading with Luke. Basking in each other's presence and not even needing our own words.
6.) Sunshine.It makes me glow from the inside out. Ill sit on the floor in the middle of the living room if it means I get in the sun's way. (Whats a word for the inverse of a shadow?)
7.)Fresh of the tree, Fresno flavored fruit (strawberries, peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines, grapes, oranges, the occasional fig, and Bowser Applesauce) as well as fresh off the plant sun warmed tomatoes.

3 comments:

The Isaacs said...

Hmmm... Makes me wonder what I would consider to be the joys in my life... It'll be good to reflect on that. I can tell you that clean sheets and towels won't be on my list! Lol!

Kimberlee said...

Ahhhh...basking in the sun is a favorite of mine too. My kids love to lay on the kitchen floor right in front of the sliding glass door. The sun shines in perfectly there, really is one of the best spots in the house.

Becca said...

love all of these, especially the first and last ones:) nothing like fresh sheets and towels...mmmm