Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I'm jumping on the bandwagon because I've had quite the works in progress today!
I've been hoping to get a hand quilting group going (one especially for beginners) and Mary contributed some blocks she had to the cause. They were part of a color "phase" for lack of better words and now they don't quite mesh with what she's feeling like working on. I started putting the blocks together to make the top and consulted some quilting experts RE what to do for quilting. It was pointed out to me that with all the seams it may not be a good hand quilting quilt for learners.
SO after consulting with Mary I'm going to machine quilt it and it will go to MCC  machine quilted!
Here is the larger quilt's crib size cousin!
Today I got the big one sandwiched and started quilting it! I would have gotten a lot further if I hadn't broken the plastic piece that holds my walking foot onto the machine. I don't know if I have enough lines in yet to free motion the rest of the lines. I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if there's a universal foot to be found in Garden City. (Cross your fingers.) If not, I can get one in Amarillo, Texas on Saturday on my way down to Olton, Texas to see family! It's going to be a great extended trip that will include a fun continuation trip to see my SISTER!!!
This should be my last WIP with this sweater as I have FINALLY picked it back up to do the button bands. I know, all that's left is a dinky button band, bite the bullet and get it done right? It seems with big projects there's always a wall. Mine is the button band. I think I can, I think I can!
Many thanks to Freshly Pieced for hosting WIP Wednesday!

No comments: