Monday, January 19, 2009

Pondering Production

Once again I have another blurb for you from Never Not Knitting! Page-A-Day Calendar, by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee also known as Yarn Harlot.

Now if your hobby should happen to be cleaning, quilting, organizing or crocheting just substitute some words.
"Whenever I see someone frazzled, overwhelmed, and upset, I always feel bad if they don't have an knitting. I feel sure that the tangible, even progress of knitting would make anybody feel better. (However, so far my attempts to give upset people some yarn, needles, and a knitting lesson have been less than successful. Maybe my timing is off.)"

I read this and thought: That is so true! Granted if I didn't find it to be true I'd be ranting a little but, yah. Knitting, or any kind of crafting or in my terms production, brings a sense of calm, offers time to think, and allows for accomplishment in the midst of such mellowness. Who wouldn't want to share such a blessing! It is my hope for you that you have such an activity in your life. Even if it isn't knitting (quilting, crocheting, etc.).

No comments: