Monday, March 18, 2013

What a Weekend: Paint, Quilting, Growth and Chocolate

I've begun renovations on this dresser. My parents had it in the early part of their marriage. It was painted yellow for the baby bedrooms of me and my sister. It was painted blue to go with Valerie's Winnie the Pooh bedroom and when we got married it came to live with me and Luke in Colorado Springs. It has since moved to Garden City, Kansas with us and is NOW in the middle of a makeover. 
 I've removed the drawer knobs for some light sanding, and cant wait to show you the paint!! I'm hoping we can make a trip to Colorado Springs soon where I can pick up some glass knobs for drawer pulls.
I also did some machine quilting this weekend. 
 I received two quilt tops to be donated to Mennonite Central Committee's Relief quilt auction. The original plan was to hand quilt them but as I was assembling the quilt it became aparent that all of the seams would not be conducive to teaching new quilters. SO now I get to practice my machine quilting skills.. And dream of the day I get a long arm. One of these is a crib size and the other is a small twin.
The most exciting news!!!
 My seeds are growing!!!
Above: Zinnias
Below: Onions
 and tomatoes!
 It mus be just about Easter time because this showed up at our door this morning! Yum! Thanks Dad and Cheri!
I just love how the box looks on the 1930's Reproduction Friendship Quilt we have on our guest bed!

No comments: