Saturday, July 23, 2011

Savory Saturday

There have been several food centered incidents around our place this week. Remember these chips? Well, we've picked our favorite flavor...and we're not so keen on sharing. The result:


Personal bags with our names on them. Sigh. Maybe we'll have to review sharing.
Also, Kimberlee, a new blogging buddy did a nice feature on salads. I roasted a chicken last week and have since been inspired to prepare several chicken salads for dinner. Friday night we had this one:


Romaine lettuce, chicken, strawberries, raspberries, pistachios, dried cherries and craisins with Litehouse Rasberry Lime Vinaigrette dressing.


Tonight we had a chicken Caesar salad with this Litehouse dressing:


And this one is one of my favorites for dipping!


Sorry, I know this sounds like product placement, but I can't keep a good thing a secret! Luke got some coupons after doing a business study on the company in college and I've been loving their products since my first try! ANYWAY
I also made some peanut butter cup ice cream and I must say it is DE-lish! I "made" Luke try it to tell me if I was biased or not. (He was a little gun shy after the last ice cream, he doesn't like coffee.)


Are you sure?


Okay I'll try.


Heeeey, that's pretty good!


Recipe to come tomorrow!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

Now you will need personalized cartons of ice cream! I'd come over for PB cup ice cream, my favorite!

Another yummy easy dinner I just discovered with an Asian flair?

Hoisin Pork and Boston Lettuce wraps:
-Boston lettuce leaves
-chopped up cooked pork chop, chicken would sub. fabulously
-coleslaw with carrots, mixed with generous portion of fresh cilantro
-sauce of 1/2 cup hoisin sauce 1 tbsp + 1 tsp lime juice, 1 tbsp + 1 tsp water -- mix
-peanuts, if desired

Fill lettuce leaf with meat, sauce, coleslaw, and peanuts. Eat and enjoy

Tanya said...

These all look positively fabulous (except for the blue cheese--blech!)!! I love that you have personal bags of chips.