Monday, June 13, 2011

Grown Up Links

I'm working on my first grown up quilt since my French Kiss Leuke quilt. Grown up in that it has multiple points to match and more pieces than usual! It's a gift but I'm banking on the recipient duo not being a reader! Blogging is part of my process, I couldn't withhold it any longer!
Here it is in squares:



Assembled:



It's a wee bit too small. Many recomended a skinny red and brown border. It was important that the border be scrappy too as I didn't have any large pieces of colors.
Then I remembered I had inherited this:



So I started working on this:







Now I have to decide if I want the finished border to look like this:



Or this:



Thoughts?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh wow! That looks amazing! Pattern? It looks so tricky to piece. I'm super impressed. Also, I like the border with the sharp corner points instead of the ones where the points are consumed by the green. Just my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Haha I couldn't tell the dif!! I was about to txt u and ask if u posted the same thing on accident until I read tan's comment. I agree. If you've got points flaunt em.
Valpal